Welcome to the Spring 2008 Quotes Blog~

Instructions for Quotes Blog

Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
*Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include an intresting fact about the quote author.
*Complete draft, and in class revising, and editing sessions.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner:

*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your short quote essay AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing procss.
*Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.

When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two).
*Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
*Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
*Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.
*Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

Henry Ford








"When everthing seems to be going aginst you, remember that the airplane takes off aginst the wind, not with it."




Henry Ford

Mostly known as the founder of the Ford Co. Henry Ford, was the son of a farmer. Born in Greegfield, Michigan, Henry left school at 15 to work on his father's farm. At age 16 he moved to Detroit where he began an appreticeship in a machine shop. Henry later returned to the farm which he strongly disliked. After the first world war Henry made it clear how much he opposed the war. He teamed up with and supported the Women's Peace Party. Ford came up withan idea to send a boat of pacifists to Europe to negotiate ending the war; this was unsuccessful. This event struck Ford's interest in politics, he later ran for a seat in US Senate, but was narrowly defeated. Henry Ford also had an interest in charcoal, he helped his brother in-law EG Kingsford in the development of "Kingsford Charcoal."

I feel that this quote is based on a personal level. When everthing seems to be against you, there are going to be barriers that you will have to face before you suceeed. This Quote represents alot in my life because of the barriers I've had to cross to get where I am today. I'm sure that there will be many more to come. As Henry Ford said in his quote; "Remember a plane takes off aginst the wind, not with it." If everything worked with us in our lives, we wouldn't strive to succeed!

1 comment:

Christal Bandy said...

This quote brings me to how I am feeling right now. It seems the closer I am to being done with school, the more obstacles that are coming my way. This quote helps me to remember what I have achieved to get where I am at, and that if it all came easy I would never try to better myself, which I need to do for my family.