Welcome to the Spring 2008 Quotes Blog~

Instructions for Quotes Blog

Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
*Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include an intresting fact about the quote author.
*Complete draft, and in class revising, and editing sessions.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner:

*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your short quote essay AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing procss.
*Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.

When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two).
*Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
*Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
*Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.
*Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

Dreams


"You see things; and you say "Why?"But

I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"

George Bernard Shaw

When I look at the world today and see all the bad things that are happening, I say why. If I could change the world, this is how I would do it. I would write a letter to the president to tell him my ideas. I would see if we could bring peace to the world and all of us just get along. When I lay down at night, I dream of all the nice things that I could do for the world. I would make it a lovely place if I could. It seems to overwhelming to me but I still try to keep my candle lit and be one bright spot in the world. G. Bernard Shaw was born in 1856 in Dublin, passed away in 1950 at the age of 94 in Hertfordshire, England. By the early 1900's shaw awas a well-established playwright. His works included Fanny's First 1911 on which the award-winning film My Fair Lady (1956) was based.

My Fair Lady the Broadway musical could be produced only after Shaw's death. In the play Fanny undergoes dramatic changes from a lower class street peddler to a sophisticated woman of grace. I believe, like Shaw, that if we all do a little better, the world will become a better place, why not?


2 comments:

XxAnubisxX said...

Nicely Done. Enjoyed the History on the Mr. Shaw and how he did his work

XxAnubisxX said...
This comment has been removed by the author.