Welcome to the Spring 2008 Quotes Blog~

Instructions for Quotes Blog

Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
*Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include an intresting fact about the quote author.
*Complete draft, and in class revising, and editing sessions.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner:

*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your short quote essay AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing procss.
*Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.

When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two).
*Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
*Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
*Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.
*Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

" Lost Friends"



" Do not save your loving speeches for your friends till they are dead; Do not write them on their tombstone, speak them rather now instead." -Anna Cummins

When someone passes away, we often think of something we should have said. We should have told them how much they were loved and needed. We also think of things that should not have been said. We regret not being there for them when they needed us the most.

It is ironic that when a friend passes away we are there to share in their mourning. When people say live today like it will be your last, they are definitely right. I have lost many friends along the way, and I always say that I was not ready to lose them. There will always be something I needed to do or say for them, but I was not ready to miss them.

Anna Cummins, the author of this quote, is an avid bike enthusiast. She was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She would rather be out riding her xracycle, which is also known as a sport utility bicycle, than sitting in front of her computer indoors. Because of her great love for the enviroment she had done work for enviromental non-profit companies. Anna gains her inspiration to write from the enviroment.

8 comments:

wendy said...

I feel the same way and alot of people don't truely understand until they lose someone close to them. But then it is too late.

dawngould said...

I liked your quote this is really true. You never know what to say until it is to late.

Linda Cornell said...

The quote really hit home for me. I wish I could have said more to my dad.

Janee' said...

I feel the same way and you never really know what you had until you loose it.

rohrboughlinda@aol.com said...

I liked your quote and I feel the same way. We need to tell people how much they mean to us while they are still here around us.

rochelle said...

I really like your quote and true it is. No one truly realizes what they have until they don't have it anymore.

Christal Bandy said...

Your quote is so true and I need to remember to live each day as though it were my last. As fast as life goes, there is no time for misery and regrets. Your quote was very heartwarming and thanks for reminding me to do a little better!

Shawn J said...

How true this quote is! I lost my uncle when I was just 8 years old, and I can still look back to that dark day and think of everything that I wished I would have said.