Welcome to the Spring 2008 Quotes Blog~

Instructions for Quotes Blog

Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
*Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include an intresting fact about the quote author.
*Complete draft, and in class revising, and editing sessions.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner:

*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your short quote essay AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing procss.
*Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.

When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two).
*Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
*Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
*Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.
*Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

Bones of Success


Bones of Sucess

“To succeed in life you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.”-Reba McEntire

As long as you have wishes for yourself and you are willing to stick up for yourself, without losing your sense of humor, you can have a successful life.
As a mother of a child with a disability, I have found this to be true. When I had my son, I had many wishes for him. I wished he would be healthy, happy, and do well in all the pursuits in his life. My wishes changed when he was diagnosed with autism. I know now that the wishes I had for him can still come true as long as I am willing to fight for what he is entitled to. I am doing this on a constant basis. I am using my backbone to fight for him to keep his Title XIX Waiver from the state. I do this with using my funnybone also. My little boy always finds a way to make me laugh and not get stressed or too serious. I also laugh at people who think they know more than I do about what is best for my son.
Reba McEntire has used her made her life successful by accomplishing her wish of becoming a singer. She used her backbone when she performed on an awards show shortly after a plane crash killed several band members. Her funny bone has made a lot of people laugh with her while they watch her sitcom "Reba".

2 comments:

Ms. Chandalamo said...

I agree with Reba. Without dreams, standing up for yourself, and humor in your life what do you have?

Christal Bandy said...

good quote with out all that, you really have nothing. I wish you and your son a long, healthy, and happy life. good quote.