Welcome to the Spring 2008 Quotes Blog~

Instructions for Quotes Blog

Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
*Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include an intresting fact about the quote author.
*Complete draft, and in class revising, and editing sessions.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner:

*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your short quote essay AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing procss.
*Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.

When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two).
*Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
*Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
*Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.
*Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

Mother Teresa

"Trust"
"I know God won't give me more than I can handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much."
-Mother Teresa

Born August 26th, 1910 in Macedonia, Mother Teresa knew at the age of twelve what her calling in life was to be. She left her parent's house at the age of eighteen and joined the Sister of Loreto, an Irish community of nuns. After seeing all of the poverty outside of the convent walls, she left to join the poor in Calcutta. Mother Teresa was known worldwide for her missionary work. She won several awards and helped millions of people. She died on September 5th, 1997.

Mother Teresa, like everyone, had to deal with things that she thought that she could not handle. That is why I chose this particular quote. I am not an overly religious person, but I do have my beliefs. I know that God will not give a person more than he or she can handle.

4 comments:

sandra said...

I love this quote. I aloways tell poeple that God never gives us more than we can handle. I have said it especially more since my son was diagnosed with autism. Great quote!

Brittany said...

I agree with this quote. God will never give you more than he thinks you can take on.

Brittany said...

I agree with this quote. God will never give you more than he thinks you can take on.

Christal Bandy said...

wow, this is a good quote. everyone has always told that to me and I always thought to myself how much more? I remember when I was a child my mammaw always told me that I was to never quetion God, so I hope I can handle all he wants me to.