Welcome to the Spring 2008 Quotes Blog~

Instructions for Quotes Blog

Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
*Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include an intresting fact about the quote author.
*Complete draft, and in class revising, and editing sessions.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner:

*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your short quote essay AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing procss.
*Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.

When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two).
*Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
*Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
*Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.
*Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

Life Happens

"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans."
-John Lennon


This quote describes me perfectly. I have always had all kinds of big goals and dreams for myself, but those are not what have made me the happiest in life. While I was traveling down different roads for those destinations, the little speed bumps I hit and wrong turns I made are what I think of and make me smile.

John Lennon, the author of this quote, was a member of The Beatles. Not only was he a rock musician, singer, and songwriter, he was also an artist, a peace activist, and a father. He had two sons from two different marriages, Julian and Sean. After a great stretch with The Beatles he retired to spend more time with his family. After five years of quiet, he made a comeback into music, but was sadly murdered a month later on December 8, 1980. This quote makes me think that he missed out on a lot of “family time” due to his extremely busy and successful career.

Like John Lennon, the things that make me truly happy are not the big achievements I gained, but all of the memories I have made. The best example is my daughter, and my son who will be born this summer.