Welcome to the Spring 2008 Quotes Blog~

Instructions for Quotes Blog

Choose a quote with a KNOWN author.
*Compose a short essay on why this quote has meaning in your life. Include an intresting fact about the quote author.
*Complete draft, and in class revising, and editing sessions.
Your quote should be set up in the following manner:

*Create a title for your post.
*"Put your chosen quote in quotation marks."
*List the author of your quote underneath.
*Leave a space.
*Somewhere in the body of your quote include a picture that enhances your quote post.
*Key in your short quote essay AFTER it has been through the draft, revision, editing procss.
*Please have all quotes posted by the end of week 5.

When all quotes have been posted, I will instruct you to make comments (minimum of two).
*Please do not post comments until all quotes have been posted!
*Pick two or more quotes by fellow classmates and add a comment to their post. You may comment on their quote or on their author or on the information they shared.
*Comments should be posted by the end of week 8.
*Inappropriate quote posts or comments will not be tolerated and will result in a failing IRP grade. Build each other up, not tear each other down.

Forgotten

"An injury is much sooner forgotten than an insult."

-Lord Chesterfield

Lord Chesterfield was never married and he was succeeded by his third cousin, the eighth Earl, after his death in 1883. He was the grandson of Rear-Admiral John Stanhope. Lord Chesterfield wrote many letters to his son which containted shrewd advice such as the quote above.

I like this quote and find it to be very true. When someone gets injured, the injury will heal in time, but an insult can hurt much deeper and last longer than an injury. There has been a family member of mine who has deeply hurt me. This member of my family is the reason I look at people differenly today. This person hurt me when I was younger emotionally. They never hurt me physically just emotionally. After I have grown up a little bit, I am finally starting to realize how emotionally this person hurt me. When I was younger I didn't understand everything, but now I am beginning to understand.

A broken bone heals in time, but an insult can hurt for a life time.

4 comments:

Terri Casto said...

People just don't realize that they can hurt you worse with words. I try to let the words slide off my back but it doesn't always seem possible.

wendy said...

I strongly agree with this. I have been hurt deeper than words can ever describe and takes time to heal but may never completly. You just have to live life the best you can and keep moving forward.

Rochelle Marie said...

I feel the same way. People think that words are just words and they dont matter like the saying goes sticks and stones my break my bones but words will never hurt me. Is a bunch of bull hockey. I have been there well the more I think about I am still in it today my family does it to me all the time. Just keep in mind that words can only bother you if you let them.

Christal Bandy said...

I have always said that I would rather be slapped in the face than called a nasty name, very good quote.